SACSCOC Website Freeze - Facts and Questions
Texas State’s reaffirmation of accreditation with the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) is due for renewal in 2021. The Compliance Certification Report, to be submitted in early September 2020, will provide evidence of our compliance with all SACSCOC standards and requirements. The Compliance Certification Report will be reviewed early fall 2020 by an off-site team whose formal review report will be received in early December 2020. Based on recommendations in the off-site review, Texas State will prepare and submit a Focused Report that will be submitted in February 2021 prior to the on-site visit scheduled March 30-April 1, 2021.
The Gato editing environment has been updated to notify you when you are editing a page that is used in the report as evidence. We will also be monitoring all web pages referenced in the report for changes.
We're asking site owners and editors to refrain from making major edits to their sites through May 2021. We are not restricting your access or insisting you can't change minor details. We expect URLs to remain the same; pages to not move and cause broken links; and pages to not change so dramatically that the meaning and intent of the content is altered.
- Edits to support the basic operations of your unit.
- Changes to minor details of your site such as dates and names.
- Additions of most content, for instance a new service line or program.
- URL Changes
- Reorganizing your site
- Template changes
- Editing content in a way that substantially changes the purpose or meaning of a page or pages.
- We will contact the site owner and managers to revert or adjust the page.
- Repeated failure to comply will result in revoking publishing privileges to your site.
Please contact Institutional Effectiveness if you have any questions or concerns.