Learning Applications Solutions Training and Support offers hands-on training courses to learn how to use Gato, the university's web content management system.
New editors are required to attend Gato I training before being allowed access to edit within Gato.
This class is an introduction to the Gato editing environment. Some topics workshop participants will learn:
- Be able to log into the Gato editing environment
- Be able to locate the main work areas (e.g. - Pages and Assets)
- Understand the basic structure of a web site
- Be able to add and manage web pages
- Be able to add and manage text and images on a page
- Be able to publish content
- Understand the role and importance of accessibility
Upcoming Sessions for Gato I: Fundamentals Traininghttp://signup.txstate.edu/topics/1-gato-i-fundamentals-training
Gato II Workshop
This workshop will introduce attendees to additional features of the system not covered in Gato I. Some topics workshop participants will learn:
- Online Forms
- Assets (Digital Asset Manager)
- Site Map/Navigation
- Advanced page properties
- Image gallery
Upcoming Sessions for Gato II Traininghttp://signup.txstate.edu/topics/2-gato-ii-training
Participants must have taken Gato I prior to taking Gato II.