The Documents content type allows you to add documents and files to your website for users to download and view. It uses files added to the DAM (Digital Asset Manager) and allows users to edit the document and post a new version of it without breaking any links.
Add the Documents Content Type
- Within a layout, click the box that states Add Content.
- This requires that a section has already been created.
Click Add File/Folder
Click Select New
Choose from already existing and uploaded documents or click Upload to add a new document from your computerRemember to publish the file you uploaded in the DAM so that users are able to view the file.
Select the file you wish to use by clicking on it
If you've uploaded a .zip file and wish to only display files of a particular file type, enter the file extension (docx, pdf, pptx) into the File type box
Click Save Changes
Upload a Document
- In the Documents area click Select New
- Click Upload
- Browse your computer for the file you wish to upload
- Click Open
- The file will be added to the Assets chooser. Select the file and click Choose
Remember to publish the file you uploaded in the DAM so that users are able to view the file.