The Filterable Search Template has been integrated with Faculty Profiles and Campus Directory allowing you to make a filterable Department Directory. In addition to listing standard faculty and staff information such as name, email address, title, and phone number, the directory will also include information from Faculty Profiles. This may include education, biography, teaching interests, research interest, and a photo, depending on what information the faculty member has listed in Faculty Qualifications.
Pro Tip: when creating a directory for the first time, it is helpful to have a list of the faculty and staff NetIDs you will be adding before you begin.
- Open Gato and navigate to the folder in which you will place your directory.
- Select Add Page and choose Filterable Search.
- Open the page to edit.
- In the Add Content section, click Add Filterable Search at the bottom of the page and choose List of People.
Note: As this is the only content on the page, you do not have to worry about whether the content is before or after the last component.
- Click Next.
- On the List of Items page, choose the options you would like to include on the page.
- Search Placeholder
- Faculty Profile Options to incorporate.
- Click Save when you are done.
- Click the Add People to List button at the bottom of the screen.
- Enter each person in the deparment, individually, using their NetID.
Note: because the page will automatically pull from Faculty Qualifications, it is not necessary to enter information in the Description for Faculty members. For Staff, you can use the other tabs to add images and descriptions.
- Keep adding people to the list until you are finished.
When your page is complete, you will have a searchable, alphabetical list of people. Gato will automatically be add people in alphabetical order (if selected), and a convenient Jump to Letter bar will appear at the top of the page. Faculty members with information in their Faculty Qualifications profile will have more information showing.